Welcome to HaxeDevelop 2016-03-03
The .NET open source editor for Haxe developers.
- Please support the project by donating or contributing
- Learn more about HaxeDevelop from our documentation
Getting started easily
To start your development journey with HaxeDevelop:
- Install SDKs and other tools for your development from: Tools -> Install Software...
- Restart HaxeDevelop so that it can detect the installed tools and SDKs properly
> If you installed version control tools, remember to enable them from settings
- It is highly advisable to take a careful look at the HaxeDevelop features tour
- Create a new project from: Project -> New Project and you are good to code
HaxeDevelop offers advanced features that are not obvious to discover. Read more from our documentation.
You really want to remember these:
- Ctrl+Shift+1: contextual code generation (it's MAGIC!)
- Ctrl+Space: contextual completion list - also, press Tab to expand snippets like 'for', 'while', etc.
- Ctrl+Shift+Space: method call-tip (the yellow window with current method's signature)
- Ctrl+Alt+Space: list all project classes (as after ':' or keywords like "new")
- F4: go to declaration of element at cursor location.
- Shift+F4: jump back after F4 or code generation.
- F1: when you see "..." in a (yellow) tip, you can press F1 to see a more detailed tip.
- Escape: Close the completion list and method call-tip (or press Ctrl key to hide them).